Wherever possible ACDI/VOCA employs an integrated, holistic approach to economic development, and as a result many of our activities do not fit neatly into a single practice area. Certain cross-cutting approaches, such as our value chain framework, which attempts to address major constraints and opportunities faced by an entire industry, or the incorporation of information and communication technology to enhance the effectiveness, efficiency and reach of technical assistance, are useful in many programs regardless of practice area. As with all of its interventions, ACDI/VOCA tailors these approaches to the unique cultural context.
Please select a topic below to learn more about ACDI/VOCA’s cross-cutting approaches.
- Civil Society Strengthening
- Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation
- Community Infrastructure
- Cooperative and Association Development
- Disaster Risk Reduction and Emergency Response
- Farming as a Business
- Gender Integration and Women’s Empowerment
- Health and Nutrition
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Value Chains